Who are we?
FalconX is one of the fastest-growing startups in FinTech. We are redefining prime brokerage from the ground up.
We are backed by some of the best investors in the world including Accel, American Express, B Capital, Coinbase, Fidelity, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Fenbushi Capital and Tiger Global Management + more yet to be publicly disclosed.
We deliver institutional digital asset traders best-in-class trading, credit, custody and structured products. We trade, lend and secure tens of billions of dollars monthly, are highly profitable, and growing fast, so we need your help!
We are data-driven. Whether it's a growth or product decision, we believe data can always help us make more precise and informed choices.
We move fast. Speed of execution is essential for any startup, but we believe this is even more pertinent in our 24/7 industry.
We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there’s no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
FalconX has offices in San Mateo, Chicago, New York, Bangalore, Malta, and Singapore.
Who is on the team?
We are entrepreneurs. Many in our company have been founders or have aspirations to eventually start their own company. We take these ambitions and experiences to bring a solutions-oriented mindset to the problems we encounter day-to-day.
We are experienced. We have been fortunate to have learned from mentors and peers at institutions such as Google, LinkedIn, JUMP Trading, Citadel, PEAK6 Investments, Goldman Sachs, Harvard Business School, Carnegie Mellon, IIT + more.
You are a UI Designer with a strong graphic design background to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for visual style and interaction, with a focus on creative user experience. Attention to detail is crucial, as you will be obsessing over every font size, hex value, line-height, and padding to create premium interactions. While previous experience in UX, research, testing, and digital strategy is a bonus, it is not a core focus of this position. You will work closely with other designers, developers, and product managers to create best-in-class digital experiences for our customers. Your responsibilities will also include designing and maintaining web-oriented materials, such as corporate websites, microsites, social media, and emails, while collaborating with the marketing and development teams. To be considered for this position, you must submit a portfolio that showcases your visual style and work history in web, campaign, and app design. This is a hands-on UI Design role, and the ideal candidate must be able to create beautiful final designs that are ready to move into development.
- Corporate website UI design
- Ongoing design and production of email campaigns, promotional campaign graphics, and website features and improvement
- Effective translation of marketing and branding strategies into successful and engaging creative content and interfaces
- Knowledge of responsive design
- Working with design system
- Understanding of SEO concepts
- Understanding of accessibility standards
- Excellent communication, presentation, storytelling, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Act upon critique and design feedback
- Ensure all deliverables meet business expectations, including adherence to established brand guidelines and timelines
- Involved in projects throughout all stages of the design cycle, including concepting and ideation, sketching and wireframing, creating low-to-hi fidelity prototypes, designing interactions/movement, and designing the final UI
- Perform quality control on all creatives and ensure they reflect the brand aesthetic
- Research trends and competitors, and bring new ideas for web and social media.
Must have qualifications:
- At least 3-6 years experience and a solid portfolio showcasing advanced skills in website, UI, and other digital design experience
- Portfolio samples that show deep marketing design (motion and graphic) thinking and sophisticated problem solving
- Advanced software knowledge of Figma, Adobe Suite, and/or other comparable applications
- Strong UI and digital design background with a user-centric problem-solving approach
- Knowledge of front-end development (HTML/CSS) and the ability to provide practical feedback to Development teams
- Experience with motion graphics, graphic design, video editing
- Collaborative and comfortable working with a group of partners, product owners, and developers
- Effective collaboration with marketing teams, copywriters, web developers, and other internal stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate with development teams to ensure design implementation meets high-quality standards
- Ability to define projects and measures of success, test assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- Deep desire to constantly improve, up-level quality of work, and collaborate with a fun team along the way
- Interactive data visualizations and data tables
- Candidates proceeding to in-person interviews will be required to perform a small UX/UI design exercise, which they will present to the team.
Good to have qualifications:
- Experience as an illustrator is a plus
- Independent and self-motivated with the ability to solve complex business problems through visual solutions
- Ability to detail work, including functional specs, annotations, user stories, etc.
- Strong communication and storytelling skills through presentation
- Experience in creating dashboards for any domain in fintech
- Experience with workflow automation and data pipelines
- Ability to create tools that improve the productivity of finance professionals, developers, devops, or data scientists
Base pay for this role is expected to be between $150,000 and $250,000 USD. This expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role will also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance linked bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for a successful candidate will be determined based on a number of factors such as skillset, experience, and qualifications.
Something looks off?