Senior Software Engineer - Data
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
At Foundation, we are laying the groundwork for web3—the next generation of the internet full of limitless possibilities. In web3, your creativity is valued and your digital objects belong to you. We aim to put power directly back into the hands of those who create online. Why? We believe this is how the internet should just work. Our team is made up of individuals who share that vision. Together, we’re unlocking the full potential of an internet based on new values of ownership and decentralization.
Our mission is to build the most powerful tools for the most creative people in the world. Everything from the smart contracts powering Foundation, to the design that our community interacts with daily, takes into consideration how our collective actions impact people. New technology requires creativity, and web3 is uncharted. Foundation leads. Come join us.
As Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure, you’ll join the Engineering team at an exciting inflection point in Foundation’s growth. In partnership with our Engineering and Product teams, you’ll have the opportunity to build the data infrastructure that powers our best in class product experiences. Working alongside a team of dedicated visionaries, you will help to define Foundation as the premier destination for creators, collectors, and curators in web3.
- Collaborate with internal partners including Product Managers, Protocol Engineers, and Backend Engineers to build infrastructure that unlocks new features
- Contribute high quality and maintainable code as you build features, and iteratively prune and simplify our code base as it evolves
- Build fast and reliable data infrastructure to transform blockchain data for product and analytic use cases
- Create and evolve asset pipelines to increase coverage by asset type and size, improve rendering performance, and optimize rendering quality
- Help measure and optimize performance, reliability, and security KPIs for pipelines and data stores
- Participate in on-call rotations to ensure timely response to outages and vulnerability disclosures across production infrastructure
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience building services on top of RDBMS like Postgres
- 3+ years of experience building data pipelines with message passing or queuing systems like Kafka
- Familiarity with cloud providers like AWS
- Familiarity with asset infrastructure like S3 and Cloudfront
- Strong proficiency in at least one part of the stack and fluency in multiple others, including an understanding of how various parts of the stack interact with each other
- Ability to ship well tested, well structured, and maintainable code to our code base if necessary with no guidance
- Proven experience cleaning data, analyzing data, and generating parseable reports
- Bonus: Experience with the Python stack, infra-as-code tooling like Terraform, and NoSQL databases like ElasticSearch
- Bonus: Experience interacting with the web3 stack
Targeted Base Salary Range: $165,000 - $200,000
Benefits and Support
• A culture that values inclusivity
• A remote-first working environment and the ability to set your own working hours
• Flexible paid time off
• Annual team offsite
• All of the tech you need to be successful
• A home office stipend including internet reimbursement
• Robust medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents, including a zero cost option (for countries that provide government-sponsored health insurance, we offer a monthly stipend towards private health insurance)
• 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents, as well as 6 weeks of paid leave for birth giving parents
• Access to Talkspace confidential online therapy and One Medical on-demand primary care
• Get paid in crypto or fiat
• Employer sponsored 401K
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, perspectives, experiences, and skill sets. As part of our commitment to equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process, and continue to promote an inclusive work environment.
We believe that a diverse team composed of individuals with different perspectives, lived experiences, and identities is essential to achieving our mission and upending old models of selling and sharing art. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated in the job application and interview process, and in the performance of essential job functions.
See more open positions at Foundation
Something looks off?