Senior Engineering Manager
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
At Foundation, we are laying the groundwork for web3—the next generation of the internet full of limitless possibilities. In web3, your creativity is valued and your digital objects belong to you. We aim to put power directly back into the hands of those who create online. Why? We believe this is how the internet should just work. Our team is made up of individuals who share that vision. Together, we’re unlocking the full potential of an internet based on new values of ownership and decentralization.
Our mission is to build the most powerful tools for the most creative people in the world. Everything from the smart contracts powering Foundation, to the design that our community interacts with daily, takes into consideration how our collective actions impact people. New technology requires creativity, and web3 is uncharted. Foundation leads. Come join us.
As Senior Engineering Manager, you’ll join the Engineering team at an exciting inflection point in Foundation’s growth. You will partner with Engineering leadership, including our CTO, to help develop strategies with Product and Design partners, build and coach teams to execute on those strategies, and support your team with ergonomic and effective structures and processes. Working alongside a team of dedicated visionaries, you will help to define Foundation as the premier destination for creators, collectors, and curators in web3.
- Coach, grow, mentor, and lead a talented team of Engineers through challenging yet rewarding work
- Drive collaboration between multiple cross-functional partners, including Product, Design, and Leadership, to shape Engineering vision and strategy and contribute towards key business outcomes
- Strategically develop product strategy for your feature team in partnership with Leadership and Product Managers
- Own, create, and improve processes within your team to ensure productive cross-functional collaboration and efficient execution on your team
- Provide technical leadership by staying up to date with the latest related technologies and methodologies and communicating technical concepts and results to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Allocate Engineering resources across projects to balance your reports’ career growth and the company’s needs
- Apply your technical design expertise to constantly raise the bar and ensure your team achieves extraordinary results at the high technical level we set
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience designing complex, cross stack systems at scale
- 5+ years of experience leading technical projects as a manager or as a tech lead with at least 3 years of experience directly managing a team
- Strong proficiency in at least one part of the stack and fluency in multiple others, including an understanding of how various parts of the stack interact with each other
- Strong understanding of how multiple production systems interact with each other, and an ability to lead your team in establishing and improving metrics such as KPIs and SLAs
- Ability to ship well tested, well structured, and maintainable code to our code base if necessary with no guidance
- Proven track record of collaborating with Product and Leadership to deliver strong work that contributes to desired business outcomes
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments and get excited about finding solutions to complex problems – and then executing on them
- Enthusiasm about people-management and other leadership responsibilities including hiring, training, and developing your team
- Bonus: Experience building a team from the ground up
- Bonus: Experience at a high-growth web3 company
Targeted Base Salary Range: $180,000 - $200,000
Benefits and Support
• A culture that values inclusivity
• A remote-first working environment and the ability to set your own working hours
• Flexible paid time off
• Annual team offsite
• All of the tech you need to be successful
• A home office stipend including internet reimbursement
• Robust medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents, including a zero cost option (for countries that provide government-sponsored health insurance, we offer a monthly stipend towards private health insurance)
• 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents, as well as 6 weeks of paid leave for birth giving parents
• Access to Talkspace confidential online therapy and One Medical on-demand primary care
• Get paid in crypto or fiat
• Employer sponsored 401K
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, perspectives, experiences, and skill sets. As part of our commitment to equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process, and continue to promote an inclusive work environment.
We believe that a diverse team composed of individuals with different perspectives, lived experiences, and identities is essential to achieving our mission and upending old models of selling and sharing art. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated in the job application and interview process, and in the performance of essential job functions.
See more open positions at Foundation
Something looks off?