Brand Design Director
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
At Foundation, we are laying the groundwork for web3—the next generation of the internet full of limitless possibilities. In web3, your creativity is valued and your digital objects belong to you. We aim to put power directly back into the hands of those who create online. Why? We believe this is how the internet should just work. Our team is made up of individuals who share that vision. Together, we’re unlocking the full potential of an internet based on new values of ownership and decentralization.
Our mission is to build the most powerful tools for the most creative people in the world. Everything from the smart contracts powering Foundation, to the design that our community interacts with daily, takes into consideration how our collective actions impact people. New technology requires creativity, and web3 is uncharted. Foundation leads. Come join us.
At Foundation, we’ve built out a team of incredibly talented designers, and we’ve quickly made a name for ourselves by creating the best designed user experience in web3. We’re looking to continue our success here by bringing on a Brand Design Director. As Brand Design Director, you’ll contribute directly to the Brand Design work, as well as lead and motivate our existing Brand Design team. You’ll join our Design team, reporting directly to our Chief Design Officer, to work alongside a team of creatives that are collectively working to define Foundation as the premier destination for creators, collectors, and curators in web3.
- Design creative solutions for Foundation’s brand including new product launches, brand assets, branded product UI, and a wide range of other digital and physical communications
- Design brand identity, systems, and guidelines in partnership with the team
- Direct meaningful content including animations, videos, and graphics across multiple channels
- Coach, mentor, and lead our existingBrand Design team through the most challenging, yet creatively stimulating work of their careers
- Collaborate with our Chief Design Officer to uphold a strong sense of design culture across the entire organization by facilitating regular design rituals including stand-ups, design reviews, demos, and critiques
- Lead, facilitate, and refine the way our design team works across the organization by ensuring that we’re constantly striving to create the best possible environment for incredible design results to emerge from
- Drive collaboration between multiple cross-functional partners, including Product and Marketing, to shape design vision and strategy and contribute towards key business outcomes
- Lead external stakeholder and vendor partnerships as our point of contact for any external contractors or agencies we work with
Who You Are
- 8+ years of proven experience as a Brand Designer, Art Director, Creative Director, or similar role
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver strong design work that contributes to desired business outcomes
- Understanding of how marketing objectives, strategic positioning, and audience insights can influence creative ideation
- You have a portfolio of work that demonstrates an ability to conceive for a variety of audiences, brand & product challenges, styles, and media
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments and get excited about finding solutions to complex problems – and then executing on them
- Enthusiasm about people-management and other leadership responsibilities including hiring, training, and developing your team
- First-principles thinker that can work with others to come up with pragmatic solutions
- Ability to keep up with the industry trends and can assess new tools and techniques as things change
- Bonus: Experience at a high-growth web3 company
Targeted Base Salary Range: $140,000 - $170,000
Benefits and Support
• A culture that values inclusivity
• A remote-first working environment and the ability to set your own working hours
• Flexible paid time off
• Annual team offsite
• All of the tech you need to be successful
• A home office stipend including internet reimbursement
• Robust medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents, including a zero cost option (for countries that provide government-sponsored health insurance, we offer a monthly stipend towards private health insurance)
• 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents, as well as 6 weeks of paid leave for birth giving parents
• Access to Talkspace confidential online therapy and One Medical on-demand primary care
• Get paid in crypto or fiat
• Employer sponsored 401K
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and welcome people from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, perspectives, experiences, and skill sets. As part of our commitment to equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process, and continue to promote an inclusive work environment.
We believe that a diverse team composed of individuals with different perspectives, lived experiences, and identities is essential to achieving our mission and upending old models of selling and sharing art. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated in the job application and interview process, and in the performance of essential job functions.
See more open positions at Foundation
Something looks off?